Veranda Pointe Aux Biches Hotel
About the hotel
When you arrive at the 3-star plus Veranda Pointe Aux Biches you'll be invited to take your shoes off to feel the sand beneath your feet, and the tone is immediately set for complete informality and absolute relaxation. Recently re-opened following a major renovation giving the resort an tropical chic feel and an even stronger barefoot concept, here your holiday is about living in tune with the heartbeat of the island around you. Peacefully embrace the natural world with an ethic found nowhere else in Mauritius. The founding tenant of Veranda Pointe Aux Biches is the freedom of the mind, and losing yourself in the exotic landscapes or the indulgences of the spa will make your worries melt away. Couples seeking privacy will be delighted by the Sandy Lane Village, a sequestered area of Veranda Pointe Aux Biches designed especially with the two of you in mind reserved exclusively for adults staying in Privilege Rooms. Unburden yourself, and venture into the liberating calm of Veranda Pointe Aux Biches.
- Recently renovated to create excellent value 3-star plus holidays
- Intimate room count of 115 rooms for boutique Mauritian escapes
- Upgrade to the adults-only Sandy Lane Village for exclusive Privilege Amenities
At a glance
Settle down and enjoy the laid-back Indian Ocean lifestyle at Veranda Pointe Aux Biches Hotel.
- King size bed or twin beds
- Air conditioning
- Electronic safe
- Direct telephone
- Satellite television
- Internet (at extra cost)
- Tea and coffee facilities (at a nominal price)
Your Comfort Room will open up onto the swimming pool or the garden, with an interior finished in sandy tones and accents of cobalt blue.
The Family Rooms at Veranda Pointe aux Biches can accommodate a couple with 2 or 3 children. An annex gives you additional space for your children to be themselves, without sacrificing the intimacy that lies at the core Veranda Pointe Aux Biches Hotel.
The Privilege rooms are in the Sandy Lane Village, a wing of the hotel exclusively reserved for couples, and come with a world of exciting new features:
- Adults-only pool exclusive to holidaymakers in Privilege Room
- Dine Around Privilege for the main restaurant or Sandy Lane (with a selection of 3 set menus)
- Upgraded room amenities including a DVD player
- 15 minute reflexology welcome massage during stay
- Free shuttle service 3 times a a week (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday) to Grand Baie
Depending on your mood, you can sample local specialities or go for international cuisine, both served in relaxed settings with views over the deep blue lagoon.
Senses offers a wonderful view of the bay and the coral reef beneath, inviting you for local and international breakfasts, lunches and dinners amongst the impressive Mauritian landscapes.
Sandy Lane Grill Restaurant
With your feet in the sand, enjoy delicious food as you immerse yourself in an elegant décor with Japanese touches, exclusive reserved for adult holidaymakers staying in Privilege Rooms.
Find an exotic place to enjoy your beverage of choice.
Foot Loose Bar
Curl up on a sofa or on the deck of the pool overlooking the lagoon, as you casually sip a local cocktail. As night falls, the atmosphere warms up with the local rhythms of talented performers.
Lazy Pool Bar
The Lazy Pool Bar has a definite soothing effect, thanks to the distant roar of waves on the coral reef. The Lazy Pool Bar is reserved for the exclusive use of adult holidaymakers staying in Privilege Rooms.
- Based on the barefoot concept
- 115 rooms, 44 of them Family Rooms with and interconnecting children's room, and 30 Privilege Rooms housed in a separate exclusive couples wing for more privacy
- Two restaurants and two bars with a view on the lagoon
- Three swimming pools, including one children's pool
- Seven Colours Wellness Lounge, with a view on the beach
- Free WiFi in all public spaces
- Boutique (souvenirs, beach accessories and other products)
- Daily breakfast buffet 07:00 -" 10:00
- Daily dinner buffet or table d'hôte at the main restaurant 19:00 -" 22:00
- Daily lunch buffet or table d'hôte at the main restaurant
- Afternoon tea, coffee and pancakes
- Soft drinks, juice, mineral water, local beers, selection of cocktails, local spirits and selected wine
- House wine by the glass available at the bar from 11:00 -" 23:00
- A minibar including soft drinks, local juices, water, and local beer
- A picnic box for when you decided to have a day out
- Land and water sports
- A swimming pool with children's area
- Aqua gym
- Glass bottom boat
- Laser dinghy
- Pedal boats
- Beach volley ball
- Table tennis
- Open space for personal exercise
- Underwater walking (with a mask)
- Kite surfing
- Water skiing
- Scuba diving (PADI)
- Deep sea fishing
- Catamaran cruise
- Bicycle hire
- A round of golf at the Heritage Golf Club, in the south of the island
Seven Colours Spa
Seven Colours celebrates the art of wellbeing, turning it into a whole philosophy based on the balance of life-giving energies. Inspired by the oriental philosophy of the Chakras, the Seven Colours spa offers a variety of treatments that refresh your entire being.
Timomo Kids' Club
By becoming Timomo's friends, young residents aged between 2 and 11 years old can help this beautiful bird in his quest for one of the finest treasures in the world, a rainbow heart. Open every day between 08:30 - 23:30, the kids' facilities offer a diverse programme of outdoor and indoor activities suited to each age group, such as playing in the swimming pool, excursions, artistic awakening, games consoles, rainbow evenings and more.
What could be more magical than setting the happiest day of your life against the azure backdrop of the Indian Ocean?
Veranda Pointe aux Biches has put together a wedding package that contains all the personalised features that make any event truly memorable. On arrival you're showered with flowers and gifts in your room, and the ceremony itself will take place to the beat of traditional séga music, with the hotel supplying the wedding cake and sparkling wine.
The Romantic Wedding Package
To make every second even more glorious with a romantic massage in the wedding pavilion, the services of a make-up artist, a beautician and a hairdresser, a photographer, video camera men and a musician. Veranda Pointe aux Biches can also organise a cocktail reception or dinner for you and your guests, for a glamorous finish to an wonderful day.
Mauritius is one of the post popular Indian Ocean destinations, and Heritage & Veranda Resorts provide a gateway into this mysterious and alluring island. Heritage Resorts provide the type of all-out luxury you've always dreamed about, while Veranda Resorts provide 4-star escapes on some of Mauritius' most desirable beachfronts.