Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort
About the hotel
Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort is immersed in the multi-cultural landscape of a cosmopolitan island, wistfully reminiscing on Mauritius' African lifestyle. "Awali" engenders a Swahili evocation of a return to one's origins, fully embraced by the resort. The African influence subtly sweeps through the warm ochre, tan, and saffron tones that permeate the spacious rooms, offering everyone an oasis of serenity. Relaxation is key, with the Seven Colours Spa and the Umuzi Sports Centre providing a bounty of activities designed to release all tensions, as your senses are awakened by a wealth of inspired culinary delights. Heritage Awali is an exceptional blend of luxury, simplicity and warmth, eagerly awaiting your first steps into this fascinating island.
- Located in the exclusive Domaine de Bel Ombre area
- Outstanding range of gourmet dining and premium drinks
- C Beach Club provides one of the best kids' programmes on Mauritius
At a glance
Refined décor enhances the charm of Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, a beautiful location for couples, friends and families family looking for luxury:
- Ceiling fan
- Bathroom with separate tub and shower
- Electronic safe
- Flat screen TV with satellite channels
- Analogue modem internet connection
- Telephone line with international direct dialling
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Laundry service
- 24-hour room service
Deluxe Rooms include 48 rooms with sea views and 15 rooms with beachfront access, all with a pleasant tropical atmosphere and a distinctive African touch. They are spacious enough to comfortably accommodate 2 adults and 2 children or teenagers, and each has a private terrace with a beautiful view of either resort gardens or the ocean.
Senior Suites on the beachfront offer outstanding views of the sea from their terrace, completed with elegant décor featuring artefacts of straw, clay and dark wood. They can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children or teenagers and have a combined lounge and dining area where that offers an espresso machine, a CD and DVD player, and a whirlpool bath in the bathroom.
This villa's ideal location facing the beach ensures privacy and exclusivity, and its two bedrooms (with an optional third bedroom) are equipped with an exceptional array of modern amenities and comforts. A pebble-lined pool, a whirlpool bath, a separate kitchen, a large terrace for enjoying meals outside, a gazebo, direct access to the beach and a foot bath for when you return from the beach are just some of the special features provided to enhance your stay.
Discover a range of fine-dining options at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort.
- Cuisine : international buffet
- Breakfast: 07:00 — 10:30
- Dinner: 19:00 — 22:00
- Cuisine: Italian à la carte
- Dinner: 19:00 — 22:00
Pool and beach restaurant serving à la carte treats
- Cuisine: International
- Lunch: 12:00 — 14:30
- Dinner: 19:00 — 22:00
Open-air restaurant serving up an African show and bonfire with BBQ buffet twice a week
- Cuisine : African style BBQ buffet
- Dinner : Twice a week Dinner: 19:00 — 22:00
- Supplement for guests on All Inclusive Basis (£)
Tasty Indian treats
- Cuisine : Indian à la carte
- Dinner: 19:00 — 22:00
- Adults only
Light snacks and healthy bites
- Cuisine: Sandwiches, salads and lunch buffet
- Lunch : 12:00 — 17:00
Savour your cocktail of choice at one of the vibrant bars.
This lounge-bar is delicately placed amongst the interlaced pools, providing unrivalled views over the lagoon.
Infinity Blue Cocktail Bar
The relaxed atmosphere at this beach bar invites you to put your toes in the sand, sea or swimming pool.
- Shower facilities for late departures
- Free WiFi in rooms and public areas
- Exchange of foreign currencies
- Free shuttle service to Le Château de Bel Ombre, the Heritage Golf Club at Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort
- Frédérica Nature Reserve and C Beach Club.
- One room and facilities for guest with reduced mobility
- Online check-in available on request
- Unlimited French Champagne Served at bars from 10:00 - 00:00
- One daily free round of Golf at Heritage Golf Club
- One Complimentary Spa Treatment Per Stay (45 minute back massage, not applicable to under 16s, to be taken within 3 days of arrival)
- None Motorized water sports
- Laundry service
- Car rental
- Access to laptops
- DVD Player
- On request films complimentary
- Medical service (on request)
- Photographer and video service (on request)
- Sale of stamps
- Excursion desk
- Florist service
On an island surrounded by one of the most beautiful lagoons in the world, the water sports on offer at Heritage The Awali are truly something special.
- Big game fishing
- Catamaran cruises
- Diving (PADI)
- Glass-bottom boat
- Pedal boats
- Swimming pools (of which one heated in winter)
You can also stay dry while making the most of the on-site activities.
- Beach soccer
- Beach volleyball
- Garden croquet
- Mountain biking
- Nature activities at Frédérica Nature Reserve
- Tai Chi
- Sports centres
- Table football
- Table tennis
- Electronic games
The Heritage Golf Club golf course was designed by Peter Matkovich of Matkovich & Hayes, South Africa. Nestled between diverse landscapes of rolling hills and a lagoon, the design of this spectacular 18-hole golf course is a memorable experience for golfers, whatever their level.
- 18-hole championship golf course (PAR 72)
- 9-hole pitch and putt introductory course (PAR 3)
- Putting green, chipping green, and driving range
- Caddies, carts, trolleys and equipment hire
- Golf Academy with golf lessons (which can be filmed for extra learning potential)
- Club house, shop, restaurant and bar
- PGA Pro
- Privileged access to two other 18 hole golf courses in the region - Le Paradis and Tamarina
- One complimentary green fee per person per day at the award winning Championship Heritage Golf Course and unlimited green fees on the Par 3 Short Course.
Seven Colours Spa
Seven Colours celebrates the art of wellbeing, turning it into a whole philosophy based on the balance of life-giving energies. Inspired by the oriental philosophy of the Chakras, the Seven Colours spa offers a variety of treatments that refresh your entire being.
Baby Corner Kids' Club
The Complimentary Baby Corner at the Kids Club is designed specifically for toddlers 0-35 months and is open from 08:30 to 16:00 daily. Compulsory 24hrs pre-booking in advance/ limited availability. The baby nurses are trained in First Aid and Child Care plus baby-sitting service is available every morning and evening at extra cost in rooms.
Timomo Kids' Club
By becoming Timomo's friends, young residents aged between 2 and 11 years old can help this beautiful bird in his quest for one of the finest treasures in the world, a rainbow heart. Open every day between 08:30 - 23:30, the kids' facilities offer a diverse programme of outdoor and indoor activities suited to each age group, such as playing in the swimming pool, excursions, artistic awakening, games consoles, rainbow evenings and more.
Along with new friends from all over the world, your teenagers can learn to play golf and enjoy friendly competitions on the 9-hole pitch-and-putt course at the Heritage Golf Club, with tennis and beach volleyball also proving popular. The C Beach Club also features music, WiFi, a multimedia area, and games consoles.
Weddings & Honeymoons
The Domaine de Bel Ombre offers an astonishing array of possibilities in a magical setting. A translucent lagoon, white sandy beaches, the enchanting setting of the Fréedérica Nature Reserve, a variety of accommodations, a championship golf course, unique spa treatments and food for all palates combine at The Domaine de Bel Ombre to form a distinguished, mythical beauty that enriches your special day or honeymoon.
The committed staff at Heritage Awali will spare no effort realising your dream wedding, taking care of all the arrangements for a religious or civil wedding ceremony or a renewal of vows in this unspoilt tropical setting. Whether on the beach or in the gardens of Le Château de Bel Ombre, the team is entirely at your disposal to organise a personalised ceremony.
Mauritius is one of the post popular Indian Ocean destinations, and Heritage & Veranda Resorts provide a gateway into this mysterious and alluring island. Heritage Resorts provide the type of all-out luxury you've always dreamed about, while Veranda Resorts provide 4-star escapes on some of Mauritius' most desirable beachfronts.
At the heart of the Indian Ocean lies the underwater world. From house reefs to the ocean beyond, an endless list of life evolves. The finest touches make headway in ensuring paradise blossoms year on year and to conserve this greatness, resorts in the Indian Ocean play their part in eco-friendly antics. We bring you the Indian Ocean's top eco-friendly resorts.Read now