- Relax in peace with a boutique adults-only 3-star plus hotel
- Discover authentic Mauritian dining with the on-site restaurants
- Upgrade to a Privilege Room for a private pergola
Find out more
Named after the legendary young couple canonised by the French author Bernardin de St Pierre in his novel Paul & Virginie, this 3-star plus hotel is the perfect hideaway for lovers. This idyllic love nest brings couples closer together, fanning the flames of passion like nowhere else. With all rooms offering a sea view, time will appear to stop, immortalised in the gentle swinging of a hammock or the deep calm of the breeze between the palms, creating a little piece of forever in the time you spend at Veranda Paul & Virginie. The colonial décor, a subtle combination of wood, stone and thatch roofs, reveals a peaceful haven for couples seeking an unforgettable getaway into a paradise island.
At a glance
- 2 Pools
- 2 Restaurants
- One Bar
- 81 Rooms
- Water sports
- Adults Only
- Queen or king bed
- Air conditioning and ceiling fan
- Electric room safe
- Tea and Coffee facilities
- Direct dial telephone
- Ceiling fan
- Satellite television
- Internet (at extra cost)
Facing slightly north, these rooms command good views of the beach and lagoon, the perfect accompaniment for your beautiful in-room amenities. Your time in a Comfort Room will be blissful.
Vast and inviting, the Privilege Rooms have generous spaces that add distinguished extras to your time in Mauritius. Facing the garden and the ocean is a terrace framed by a pergola covered in pink bougainvillea, your own little piece of one of the world's most beautiful islands.
The aroma of natural wood and the brisk textures of the ocean breeze bring the dining at Veranda Paul & Virginie to life.
Ile de France Restaurant
Ile de France is the main restaurant at Veranda Paul & Virginie, situated between the swimming pool and the sea and punctuated with solid wood furniture. Here you will savour all the richness and variety of Mauritian cuisine, together with sumptuous international specialities.
Saint Géran Restaurant
An extensive seafood menu can be enjoyed on the picturesque jetty of Saint Géran, a beach restaurant specialising in seafood that extends into the water like the prow of a boat.
Poudre d'Or Bar
The Poudre d'Or bar is where you can guarantee a fun-loving crowd, and throughout the day there are guests sipping cocktails by the pool, or savouring strong coffee. In the evening, you can sample your favourite sundowner from the embrace of large, comfortable chairs.
- Direct access to the beach
- 81 rooms, all with views on the sea
- 2 restaurants, one located on a jetty
- 2 swimming pools
- 1 spa with cabins for two
- Free WiFi in public areas
- Shop selling souvenirs, beach accessories and other items
- Daily breakfast buffet 07:00 -" 10:00
- Daily dinner buffet or table d'hôte at the main restaurant 19:00 -" 22:00
- Daily a la carte set menu lunch at St Geran Restaurant
- Afternoon tea, coffee and pancakes
- Soft drinks, juice, mineral water, local beers, selection of cocktails, local spirits and selected wine
- House wine by the glass available at the bar from 11:00 -" 23:00
- A minibar including soft drinks, local juices, water, and local beer
- A picnic box for when you decided to have a day out
- Land and water sports
- Access to Verandah Palmar Beach, Veranda Point Aux Biches & Veranda Grande Bay
- Free shuttle service to the village of Grand Bay twice a week
- Free shuttle service in the evening to the village of Grand Bay twice a week.
- Two swimming pools
- Glass bottom boat
- Sailing dinghy
- Aqua gym
- Pedal boats
- Tennis (you pay only for the balls)
- Scuba diving -" PADI (10 minutes from the hotel)
- Golf at the Heritage Golf Club in the south of the island
- Trip in a seaplane
After dinner is when you'll enjoy different types of music, from a full band, to a small group, to a full-on live disco. The musical highlight is the séga evening when traditional songs and dance are performed.
What could be more magical than setting the happiest day of your life against the azure backdrop of the Indian Ocean?
Veranda Paul & Virginie Hotel & Spa has put together a wedding package that contains all the personalised features that make any event truly memorable. On arrival you're showered with flowers and gifts in your room, and the ceremony itself will take place to the beat of traditional séga music, with the hotel supplying the wedding cake and sparkling wine.
The Romantic Wedding Package
To make every second even more glorious with a romantic massage in the wedding pavilion, the services of a make-up artist, a beautician and a hairdresser, a photographer, video camera men and a musician. Veranda Pointe aux Biches can also organise a cocktail reception or dinner for you and your guests, for a glamorous finish to an wonderful day.
Mauritius is one of the post popular Indian Ocean destinations, and Heritage & Veranda Resorts provide a gateway into this mysterious and alluring island. Heritage Resorts provide the type of all-out luxury you've always dreamed about, while Veranda Resorts provide 4-star escapes on some of Mauritius' most desirable beachfronts.