- Embodying the quintessential Maldivian barefoot vibe
- Surrounded by a large cystal clear lagoon great for water sports
- Savour an array of international cuisine
Find out more
Kick off your shoes, step onto the white sand and palm-fringed beaches of the Maldivian private paradise of Summer Island. This sanctuary is located in the North Malé Atoll, just 45 minutes from Malé by speedboat. Unwind in ocean villas suspended over jewelled waters, or relax in land villas with extraordinary ocean views. The choice is yours. Feast on international cuisines touched with a hint of Maldivian flavour, and destress at over-water spa with classic offerings to melt you into a pure state of relaxation. Learn to navigate a coral reef and fulfil your Maldivian adventure with dolphins, manta rays, and sharks. Here, you will find the quintessential Maldivian barefoot holiday.
At a glance
- One Pool
- 2 Restaurants
- 2 Bars
- 156 Rooms
- Water sports
All rooms, suites and villas at Summer Island have an open-air design, ensuring a bright, fresh tropical vibrancy.
- King-size, queen-size bed or double beds
- Verandah, deck or terrace with daybed and seating area
- Individually controlled air conditioning units
- Dressing table
- Mini bar
- Coffee and tea making facilities
- LED TV with satellite channels and USB port
- IDD telephone
- Luggage rack
- Safety deposit box
- En-suite bathroom with rain shower
- Hair dryer
- Beach towels
Lose yourself in summertime slumber in the Garden Rooms, conveniently located next to the main restaurant and bar. The garden rooms come each with their own private verandah, perfect for watching the world go by.
The Superior Beach rooms are designed with bright, tropical interiors, to renew and refresh spirits. Step straight out of your room and sink your feet into the long, inviting white sandy beach dotted with palm trees, and hidden shells waiting for your toes to dislodge them.
Gaze at the late sun as it starts its slow decent on the distant horizon, Superior Bungalows are a window to all that Maldivian wonder.
- Partially open air bathroom
The Superior Vista, as it's name suggests, has a great view of the beach and the ocean, with a seating terrace ideal for spending time gazing into the infinite distance with your beloved, or just by yourself with that book you promised you'd read.
Premium Beach Villa
Premium Beach Villas are perfect for anyone who adores the beach and its many natural bounties. Designed for the perfect barefoot experience, it has a large verandah that leads out right to the beach, available literally at your doorstep. Fabulous white sand no more than a step away.
- Jacuzzi bathtub
- Nespresso machine
- DVD player
Each Water Villa has its own terrace with direct access to the tranquil lagoon where you can dip in and out, while your towel and book or audio book await on the sunbed.
- Large terrace with access to the lagoon
- Sunbeds and seating
The Summer House
The Summer House is designed to be your home for the summer where your family can enjoy the utmost privacy created across two floors, with a living area, two en-suite bedrooms and two en-suite bathroom. The master bedroom enjoys a glorious king-sized, four poster bed, with a large, two person bathtub in the en-suite. The second room has twin beds, and an en-suite. Equipped for your convenience, the Summer House has its own kitchenette with dining areas, both inside and a shaded one outdoors by the pool for your meals in the open.
Wining and dining at Summer Island is an experience that allows you to absorb natures gifts whilst relishing your food and refreshments.
Samuga places a strong emphasis on quality and freshness offering a wide array of international cuisine from all corners of the world. A feast for the eyes and palate alike.
- Breakfast: 07:00 - 10:00
- Lunch: 12:00 - 14:30
- Dinner: 19:00 - 21:30
- Serves all 3 meals for Superior Room, Superior Vista, Superior Beach and Garden Room holidaymakers
The local word for shade or shelter, Hiya is the perfect place for quieter meals with friends new and old as well as family and loved ones. Indulge in buffet-style cuisine while you soak up all those over the water vistas.
- Breakfast: 07:00 - 10:00
- Lunch: 12:00 - 14:00
- Dinner: 19:30 - 21:30
- Serves semi-buffet all 3 meals for Premium Beach Villa and Water Villa guests
In-Villa Dining (£)
Dine according to your very own tropical timetable with room service to suit your convenience.
- Available: 10:00 - 22:00
Avi cocktail lounge and deck is a very special spot. So different and deluxe that there are only 30 seats in an intimate restaurant and bar environment. Avi lends its tropical ambiance for pre-dinner drinks and for special celebrations.
- Bar: 11:00 - 00:00
- Á la carte dining featuring seafood, pizza, steak, tapas and more
Located on the beach with a sunset view, Nevi offers a great selection of drinks as well as a large selection of cocktails, wines and spirits to choose from. This is the liveliest place on the island to sit back, relax and connect.
- Open: 09:00 - 00:00
- Full board meals with buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner at Samuga for Garden Room, Superior Beach, Superior Vista and Superior Bungalow guests
- Full board meals with buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner at Hiya Overwater Restaurant for Water Villa and Premium Beach Villa guests
- Regular brands of spirits; whisky, brandy, rum and vodka
- Draft beers and house wine by the glass
- Mineral water
- Canned juices and soft drinks
- 1 snorkelling trip per day
- Afternoon tea at Nevi Bar from 16:30 - 17:30 with coffee, tea and snacks
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge services
- Free WiFi
- Computer lounge
- Luggage storage
- In-house doctor on call 24-hours (£)
- Dry cleaning and laundry services (£)
- Full service spa (£)
- Gift shops (£)
- Boutique (£)
- Tour desk (£)
- Infinity pool
- Table tennis hut
- Two beach volleyball courts
- Badminton court
- ROANU fitness centre
The Firuma by Serena Spa (£)
The Firuma by Serena Spa brings together all the elements necessary to relax and rejuvenate your body and mind. Situated over the lagoon with a magnificent, uninterrupted view of the endless sea and an open design infusing it with the scent of the ocean breeze, your spa visit will be a revitalising and relaxing experience.
- Ayurveda treatment packages
- Body wraps
Water Sports (£)
- NAUI Diver certification
- Dive boats to over 35 nearby dive spots
- Wind surfing
- Kite surfing
- Catamaran sailing
- Paddle boarding
- Glass kayaks
Make the most of the world famous Maldivian dive at Summer Island Maldives. The waters close to the resort are rich in places to explore; reefs, lagoons, shipwrecks and large, underwater gardens populated with shoals of tropical fish all yours to discover and see close-up in the world's highest visibility water.
- Malé tour
- Submarine Dive Experience
- Night fishing
- Island hopping
- Picnic on a Deserted Island